Tuesday, July 28, 2015
TEN THINGS NOT TO SAY TO A WRITER
Saw this is trending on Twitter, so I decided to make a list myself. Here are ten things you should never say to a writer.
1. I need some extra cash. Maybe I'll write a book.
2. Have you gotten a real job yet?
3. I need someone to babysit (run errands, do me a favor, etc), and you obviously aren't doing anything, so...
4. You must not be that great of a writer if your books aren't even movies.
5. Can you tell me where to get the book for free?
6. I have a great idea for a book, and I want you to write it.
7. So, you wrote a series instead of just one book. Guess all you care about is money, huh?
8. Oh, yeah, I just read a book with that exact same plot.
9. How much money can I make if I write books?
10. I don't like to read. Books are boring.