Tuesday, July 28, 2015

TEN THINGS NOT TO SAY TO A WRITER


Saw this is trending on Twitter, so I decided to make a list myself. Here are ten things you should never say to a writer.

1. I need some extra cash. Maybe I'll write a book.

2. Have you gotten a real job yet?

3. I need someone to babysit (run errands, do me a favor, etc), and you obviously aren't doing anything, so...

4. You must not be that great of a writer if your books aren't even movies.

5. Can you tell me where to get the book for free? 

6. I have a great idea for a book, and I want you to write it.

7. So, you wrote a series instead of just one book. Guess all you care about is money, huh?

8. Oh, yeah, I just read a book with that exact same plot.

9. How much money can I make if I write books?

10. I don't like to read. Books are boring.

1 comment:

Author R. Mac Wheeler said...

yeah...books are boring (to those with a 15 second attention span)