Sunday, April 19, 2015
Posted by Kasi Blake at 1:52 PM
Wednesday, April 15, 2015
Here is the new and exciting book trailer for Crushed! (squeal)
Posted by Kasi Blake at 10:50 AM
Saturday, April 11, 2015
Top Ten YA with Romance (in my opinion).
10. Twilight: Bella can't stay away from Edward, and the girl can't hardly think of anything but him. It's obsessive love, but it works. This book, with all its problems, helped me to fall in love with YA again so it has to be on my list of top ten.
9. Vampire Academy: Interesting romance along with a deep friendship between a girl and the girl she has to protect, but I thought the second one in the series was better than the first.
8. Fault in Our Stars: To be honest, I haven't read this one yet, but people keep telling me how amazing it is, so I think it deserves to be somewhere on my list.
7. Vampire Diaries: While I like the show now better than the books, it all started there, and I remember loving the tension between the two brothers and Elena while reading it.
6. Divergent: I usually hate these kind of books, but the idea of a girl wanting to join this reckless group of young people even if it meant never seeing her family again drew me in.
5. If I Stay: I admit to liking the movie better than the book. Sorry. Usually I don't feel that way, but the actress who played the girl was amazing. Still, this is one of my faves when it comes to romance in YA.
4. Shiver: I can't remember their names now, but I enjoyed reading this one about a girl who falls in love with a werewolf. It is very teen love. After they finally spend the night together, she is amazed that her mother can't tell by just looking at her. That hit me as very real.
3. Harry Potter: I know these fantasy books that started out for children and wound up being written for an older group doesn't have much in the field of romance, but what I like about it is the jealousy and the confused way that Ron and Hermonie started their relationship.
2. Need: This is about pixies. If you haven't read it, you should try it. The main girl has two boyfriends throughout the series and you have no idea who she'll wind up with. Worth reading.
1. City of Bones: These are my favorite YA books, the Mortal Instrument Series, and it all starts with this one. Jace is sarcastic, kind of mean, and witty. He's a bad boy that you just want to put your arms around. Clary is the girl who falls for him and grows into a strong person by the end.
Honorable Mentions: I didn't want to be so arrogant as to list mine above, even though I do love the romance in them, so I am putting them down here.
Bait: This one starts off the Order of the Spirit Realm Series and features a forbidden love that grows between Van Helsing's daughter and a rock star slash vampire hunter. She's driven to be a great hunter so she can seek revenge on the pack that killed her mom, and he is angry because he had to grow up without a family.
Vampires Rule: When Jack loses his fangs and gets a second chance at a normal life, he falls in love with THE werewolf slayer. At that point, any chance he had at normal is gone.
Thursday, April 9, 2015
Seems like every book I pick up says the same basic thing: An ordinary boy/girl finds out they are (blank) and want a normal life but can't have it.
Yes, I know, I have some like this, but after a while it gets boring.
For once, I would like to pick up a book and read: Extraordinary boy/girl finds out they can (fill in blank with a superhuman power) and they are excited about it. They run to their new life and embrace it with both arms..
Who's with me on this?
What sort of books are you tired of seeing/reading?
Saturday, April 4, 2015
Thursday, April 2, 2015
I am currently working on the last book in the Rule Series, and I was thinking I should ask fans of the series what they would like to see in the final book.
Happy ending or no?
Who would you like to see die?
Who would you like to see live?
This is it, the FINAL book!
Tell me in the comments below or send me a note at firstname.lastname@example.org
Posted by Kasi Blake at 10:58 AM
Sunday, March 29, 2015
OFFICIAL COVER REVEAL FOR WITCH HUNT
WITCH HUNT by KASI BLAKE
DON'T FORGET ABOUT CRUSHED by KASI BLAKE
FIND OUT MORE ABOUT KASI BLAKE AT:
Posted by Kasi Blake at 4:28 PM