Tuesday, March 24, 2015
Posted by Kasi Blake at 12:20 PM
Saturday, March 21, 2015
EARTH GOD COVER REVEAL
EARTH GOD BY JON MESSENGER RELEASES MAY 25, 2015
GET THE FIRST BOOK FREE!
Posted by Kasi Blake at 5:14 AM
Monday, March 16, 2015
Posted by Kasi Blake at 4:16 PM
Wednesday, March 11, 2015
Who are my TOP TEN favorite characters who are writers? These are from movies, TV, and (of course) books. See what you think of my list and let me know if I overlooked your favorites.
These are in no particular order, just as they occur to me.
10. Misery: This book by Stephen King became a movie starring James Conn and Kathy Bates. It was eerily good, and I could totally relate when she burned a manuscript he'd slaved over. I would have killed her for that alone, before she started with the torture.
9. Wonder Boys: This movie starred Michael Douglas as a writer, and my favorite scene is when his manuscript pages are blowing all over the place and he can't catch them all. Gives me nightmares just thinking about it.
8. Mike & Molly: I have to mention this TV show because Molly goes from teaching to writing a book. She gets a huge advance before it is even finished (yeah, right) and even though it isn't doing very well, she gets signed on for another book. Ridiculous. But it makes me laugh and that is what the writers intend.
7. Supernatural: This is my FAVORITE show as anyone who knows me already understands. I am Supernatural-obsessed, so I have to mention Chuck here. He writes the Supernatural books without realizing Sam and Dean are real. My favorite scene with him is when he says, "Writing is hard." I know a lot of people who would buy these books if they'd write them, but Titan Books has the 'rights' to Supernatural at this moment, and they are having their writers do new books. I've read a few and don't like them. Most of them have been unable to capture the characters' voices.
6. Romancing the Stone: This is kind of an old movie with Kathleen Turner and Michael Douglas. She plays a romance writer who goes to South America to save her sister. Every time she finishes a book, she celebrates by drinking and giving her cat a can of tuna. Lol. And I love it when she gets recognized by a (either drug or gun, can't remember) runner in the middle of nowhere.
5. Castle: This TV show stars Nathan Fillion as the writer. He uses his connection to the mayor to get a front row seat with the NYPD as they solve real-life mysteries. Love the way his imagination works.
4. The Shining: I love the original that stars Jack Nicholson as the writer who takes his family to a top of the line hotel where they get snowed in. He slowly loses his mind. Love the way he keeps writing the same line over and over as he descends into madness.
3. The Secret Window: Talk about insane writers, this is another Stephen King one and it stars Johnny Depp. The thing I appreciate most about this character is how much he naps. Lol. Me too.
2. The Following: I have to mention this TV show because it has two writers. Joe, the lunatic, has written a book that didn't sell very many copies, but the book written about him by an FBI agent, about the women he killed, is a best seller. Personally, I think that pisses him off more than the fact the agent put him in prison.
1. ??? I have a book coming out someday with a twisted writer who uses his magical ink to introduce disaster to certain lives. Keep in touch and I'll let you know more about it later.
NOW, tell me about your favorite characters who are writers.
Posted by Kasi Blake at 10:52 AM
Monday, March 2, 2015
Welcome (back) to the TIME WAR...
Books 2 & 3 of the best selling Lost Imperials series
from Clean Teen Publishing
Exciting news! Prodigal and Riven will be available in 2 special combined print editions!
Barnes & Noble and other retailers will feature a standard combined print edition:
PRODIGAL:STEIN has been with the Hollows for as long as she can remember. Taken as a child, she has no memories of her past, and that's always been fine by her. Until the day she stumbles across a hidden journal containing the devastating truth about her paternity. Now everything she thought she knew, and everyone she thought she could trust, has changed. The truth about who she is and where she came from is a secret so deep, it will rock the Hollows and the Tesla Institute alike.
RIVEN:ETHAN is left with a serious problem after what should have been a routine mission. He's fractured, a break between mind and body that leaves him at the mercy of his Rifter abilities, which are quickly tearing him apart. He will have to trust the only person who might know how to fix him, a mysterious Rifter named Stewart Stills, who seems to have a special connection with the time stream.
Want to know more about The Lost Imperials Series? Check out below:In a battle for control of the time stream, the past and the future will collide, either saving mankind, or destroying it. The Tesla Institute stands on one side of the battle. Controlled by the mind of one of the greatest inventors in history, the Institute recruits gifted, young time travelers called Rifters. Those who survive his training are sent into history with the mission to preserve the time stream, recruit more of their kind, and better humanity through subtle, controlled event manipulation. Standing in the way are the Hollows, a rogue group of Rifters who have vowed to put an end to the Tesla Institute, at all costs. They steal, cheat, and bend history to their own ends. Using children stolen from time as their personal armies, they fight not only for control of time itself, but also for self-preservation.
You can find, EXTRACTED, book 1 of The Lost Imperials everywhere books are sold.
Posted by Kasi Blake at 1:11 PM
Friday, February 27, 2015
Try to win a copy of Bait at Amazon.
This is a little experiment I'm doing to see how well it works to promote my books.
If you are interested, click on the link. You'll be asked to follow me on Twitter.
Posted by Kasi Blake at 8:42 PM
Sunday, February 15, 2015
THREE EXCITING RELEASES & ONE HUGE PARTY!
CHECK OUT THESE NEW RELEASES TODAY:
THE BIONICS by Alicia Michaels
Posted by Kasi Blake at 12:32 PM