"Well, Nick severed our connection, so I can't tell what his problem is."
"He did?" A tiny thrill rocked Bay-Lee's senses. "Why?"
"I suspect he did it because of you."
Keisha frowned and tossed her pencil onto the table. "Oh, don't play Miss innocent with me. It was your idea for me to trade places with Nick's banshee, but you've been wearing a pouty face ever since. Put the green-eyed monster away, and I'm not talking about Nick."
Stay tuned for more sneak peeks into Warrior as we count down the days until it's release.
This Fun Friday's topic is all about travel. Where is the coolest place you've gone for a book signing or something book related? If you haven't gone anywhere, where would you like to go?
I'll have to answer the second question because I haven't done any traveling for my writing.
I would LOVE to go to New Zealand. It is the backdrop for my books Bait, Hunter, Warrior (coming out in three weeks, yay!) and Legend. I did a lot of research on New Zealand through websites (loved the photos), and I talked to someone who lives there. Of course, I also watched Lord of the Ring like a million times. This is my fantasy destination.
VAMPIRES RULE the AUDIOBOOK
Brought to you by the good people at Audible(dot)com. You can now listen to Vampires Rule on your way to work, while you're falling asleep at night, or while you're cleaning the house. Personally, I love to listen to books while doing other things that require my hands and my eyes.
The promo promises You will Know Her Name.
Have you seen the remake of Stephen King's first book yet? I hate giving away my age, but I saw the original movie when I was a teenager living in California. Then I read the book. It was one of my favorite horror films, so I was a bit disturbed when I heard they were remaking it. I expected a lot of gore with little substance, and I didn't see how it could be improved on.
Boy, was I wrong. This movie sticks close to the original, only veering off here and there to make it better. They updated it. Instead of just bullying Carrie at school, the mean girl takes it up a level by online bullying her. She records Carrie in the girl's locker room at school and then uploads it for everyone to see. Vicious. Yeah.
Although I loved the original portrayal of Carrie, the new cast of actors was amazing. Hey, at least they look like they should be in high school. Some of the students in the first movie looked like they should be teaching.
Of course, the new movie amped up the gore a bit, but it was awesome. Mean girl doesn't get to die fast and easy. It takes a while. That B* suffers, and maybe she even has time to reflect on what she did and why she's going to die.
The only thing I really missed in this one was the hand coming up to grab Sue at the end. Can't believe they didn't include it. As a teen, that was my favorite part. I didn't watch the screen though. I watched the audience jump a mile out of their chairs and smiled as the popcorn flew through the air. But you don't get that experience in the remake. Perhaps they thought it was too predictable.
Anyway, loved the remake (and you won't hear me say that very often).
Couples I Want to See Married
This week we are posting about couples from books and/or movies that we would love to see married, because June is the month for weddings. Do you have a top ten you'd like to see tie the knot? Top five?
Here are mine:
1. Jace and Clary (The Mortal Instrument series by Cassandra Clare): The last book in the series, City of Heavenly Fire was just released, and I already finished it. What a wild ride it has been. I am going to miss Jace. I would have loved to see a wedding happen, but they were still too young when the series ended. Pity.
2. Isabelle and Simon (also from the Mortal Instrument series). I know that's cheating, but my mind is a total blank. I can't think book titles right now, much less couples I want to see married. I think these two would have an interesting wedding. Maybe the bride would even bring her whip to the ceremony.
3. Sam and Grace from Shiver. I did not read the rest of the books, just the first, but I love how he turns into a wolf and she waits for him.
4. Johnny and Baby from Dirty Dancing. Thought I'd throw in a movie here. This is one of my favorite romantic movies. They were so in love, yet they supposedly went their separate ways at the end. There was a talk about a second movie that just never came to be. It was going to take place ten years later and show Baby living a successful life and then running into Johnny again. That is so wrong. I hate that they even talked about making a second movie. They should have left it alone and let us think they were together and happy.
5. Stephan and Elena from Vampire Diaries. I'm talking about the books here, not the show. If we are talking about the show, then I would put Elena with Damon, but in the books I preferred Stephan. And Elena was blonde.
And that is it. That is my list. Who did I miss? Who are your fav characters you would love to see walk down the aisle together?