Blogging is a great way to get the news out there about your books. You have to write about other stuff too though. No one will want to follow your blog if it is a non-stop commercial. A few people have asked me what they should do their blogs about. Most writers seem to enjoy focusing on reviewing books, doing interviews with other authors, etc. I prefer writing about writing. It helps me when I research different aspects of writing to share with you.
There are a few different ways that Blogging can help you as a writer.
1. Talk about your books: This is a no-brainer. When you have a new book coming out, talk about it.
2. Cover reveal: Make a big deal out of showing your cover first to you followers on your blog.
3. Author Interviews: You can interview other writers and help them. And you can be interviewed on the sites of other writers.
4. Guest Posts: Same thing as the interview. Do guest post for others and have them guest post on your blog.
5. Blog Tours: I am just wrapping up my blog tour this week. It has been great fun, and Witch Hunt is selling in record numbers (for me at least).
6. Contests: These can bring more people to your site. People love the possibility of free stuff.
So when you are marketing, don't forget about blogging.
And join me next time in Marketing 101 for the letter C.