Thursday, February 2, 2012

To Trailer or Not To Trailer

This week at the YA Indie Carnival we are talking about book trailers. I'll tell you what I think about them.  Then you can weigh in if you want.  I'd especially like to hear from you if you've used a book trailer or know someone who has used a book trailer. 

Personally (and I know a lot of people will disagree, but please don't throw stuff at me) I think book trailers are kind of silly.  You can't tell if a person can write or not by watching them. I do think some of them are cool, but I wouldn't bother with one unless I could afford to pay a professional.  I've seen some that people have thrown together for themselves that look terrible and I wouldn't rush out to buy the book after seeing it.  But that's just me.

What is your opinion on them?

I don't have time to list all of the other Carnis below right now.  If you want to see what they have to say on the subject, please go to my January post on Interview with a Villain and click on them.  Thank you.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Great post, and I totally agree with you. You bring up a very important point! If the trailer isn’t good, you could actually lose interest...eek...