Friday, March 22, 2013

YA Indie Carnival: Goodreads

This week at the Carnival we will be discussing Goodreads, what we like and don't like about it.  If you have been reading this blog from its conception, then you know I love Goodreads.  It is my favorite site (outside of this blog) of course.  :)

What do I love about Goodreads?

1.  Author Pages:  People can peruse your author's page to find out more about you and your books.  They can even sign up to be a Fan of your work.  Or they can add you as a Friend.  You can connect your blog to your author's page so people can read your posts without tracking your blog down.  That's pretty cool.

2.  Giveaways:  This is an awesome place to give away a book or two.  At the moment Goodreads will not do giveaways for ebooks, but I have given up some print copies.  I think the cost of postage is worth it. 

3.  Recommendations:  You can recommend books to your friends and to people you don't know (just not your book), but maybe someone else will recommend your book.  I've had this happen a few times, someone loves my book so much that they go out of their way to tell others about it.  Now that's an awesome feeling.

4.  Groups:  Join groups and get to know people.  I can't even tell you how many times people I've met in a group have turned around and bought my books because they knew me and were curious about them.

Basically I love this site.  Check out the other Carnies and see what they have to say about Goodreads. 

1.Laura A. H. Elliott 2.Bryna Butler, author Midnight Guardian series
3.T. R. Graves, Author of The Warrior Series4.Suzy Turner, author of The Raven Saga
5.Rachel Coles, author of Into The Ruins, geek mom blog 6.K. C. Blake, author of Vampires Rule and Crushed
7.Gwenn Wright, author of Filter8.Liz Long | Just another writer on the loose.
9.Ella James10.Maureen Murrish
11.YA Sci Fi Author's Ramblings12.A Little Bit of R&R
13.Melissa Pearl14.Terah Edun - YA Fantasy
15.Heather Sutherlin - YA Fantasy 

No comments: