Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Poll: Naming a Character

As most of you already know (if you ever read my blog), I am in the process of editing a book titled BAIT.  There is one character I am having trouble naming.  Although she does not make an appearance until the second book, she is mentioned quite a few times in this one.  I've narowed it down to two choices. 

Kylee

Avery


I can't tell you a lot about her without giving the whole plot away and a big secret, but she is going to be the daughter of Van Helsing so I wanted an unusual name.  Which one do you think I should go with?

5 comments:

Author R. Mac Wheeler said...

My thought, is those are too Valley for Van Helsing's daughter

Something like Alexa or Mercedes maybe.

A name for Huntress (I couldnt find a site real fast I could search by the meanings of names../)

Kasi Blake said...

The girl does not know she's his daughter and isn't for sure going to be a hunter. I like Avery or Kylee. I'm afraid some people will think Avery is hard to say a bunch of times, but Kylee sounds a little too similar to someone else in the book.

Jet said...

Kylee is too simple and girlie. I think I prefer Avery. I don't think it's too hard to say a bunch of times...

Unknown said...

I prefer Avery over Kylee.

sonya@sonythebooklover said...

Avery though Kylee is stuck in my head I agree with Jet. Avery sounds more kick butt.