Friday, March 8, 2013

YA Indie Carnival: Author Pages

This week, the YA Author Club sponsors will share with you everything you ever wanted to know about the all important author page. We will talk about what's good to include while reminding you what you should probably keep to yourself. Take a few minutes to see what these authors have to say... what kind of tips they can provide to authors just starting out. 

What author pages do I have?

1.  My Blog: This is my favorite out of all of them because this is where I go to talk about writing, give advice, learn some stuff myself, and talk about books.  So if you are reading this, you already know about my blog.  Let's move on.

2.  Facebook Fan Pages: I have two because I started out (unwisely) putting up a page for Vampires Rule fans.  Later I realized I should have just created one for myself as an author, so I made one of those too.  I tried to close out the Vampires Rule page and get those people to move to the author page, but they seem to like it where they are.  In short, I am using both.  Here they are:  Author's Page and for some reason the Vampires Rule page won't come up, so I can't give you that link.

3.  Goodreads: This is one of my favorite sites.  I've made friends here and some fans too.  My Goodreads page.

4.  Amazon Author Page

There are more, but I'm not going to list them.  The thing is, in this computer age you will find as a writer that you have to keep several pages going.  You will be asked to write 'something' about yourself again and again.  It gets tiring.  If you're smart (I didn't do this for a while), you will write something you like and keep it on your computer.  Just copy and paste it into whatever provided space they give you.  This is the same with your book summarys.  You will be asked over and over again throughout your lifetime what your book is about.  Make sure you have a good answer and don't stare at them like a deer caught in the headlights.  "Uh... well, it's about..."

Check out what the other Carnies have to say on the subject.

1.Laura A. H. Elliott 2.Bryna Butler, author Midnight Guardian series
3.T. R. Graves, Author of The Warrior Series4.Suzy Turner, author of The Raven Saga
5.Rachel Coles, author of Into The Ruins, geek mom blog 6.K. C. Blake, author of Vampires Rule and Crushed
7.Gwenn Wright, author of Filter8.Liz Long | Just another writer on the loose.
9.Ella James10.Maureen Murrish
11.YA Sci Fi Author's Ramblings12.A Little Bit of R&R
13.Melissa Pearl14.Terah Edun - YA Fantasy
15.Heather Sutherlin - YA Fantasy 


No comments: