Monday, May 29, 2017

Limited Time Sale

THE PURGATORY REIGN SERIES 

by LM Preston




About PURGATORY REIGN
Amazon, B&N, Kobo

Something evil this way comes, unfortunately for it, Peter Saints is waiting. Seventeen-year-old Peter Saints' life stinks. But things are about to get much worse. First, his parents are murdered in front of him. Then another victim dies in his arms.

Visions plague Peter with warnings that something wants him for a sinister cause. It desires the one thing that Peter refuses to give - his blood.

On the run with Angel, a scruffy kid, Peter starts to unravel the mystery. It's the one secret the heavens sought to hide from the world. Unfortunately, when Peter finds the answer he hopes that will save the girl he loves, he opens the door to a great evil that happens to be salivating to meet him.

Extended Excerpt

Peter took a moment to catch his breath. “I left. I left the grounds. But something bad has happened. Sh-she…Hanna died!” He coughed and his eyes watered. “Because of me! My fault. It was my fault. You gotta help her! I always screw up. Always. Please…”

Pastor Finn put his hands on Peter’s shoulders and shook him. “Why’d you leave? I told you never to leave here. You’ll put us all in danger. Yourself in danger. I didn’t save your butt for you to screw this up, boy.” He yanked Peter by the shirt and down the stairs. Then dragged him, practically running, all the way to the cellar stairs where he pointed at the small door where Peter had escaped. “Sixteen years old and you think you are man enough to make it out there?” he grumbled. “This is where you got out?” He sighed. “You don’t understand.”

“It’s my fault! Did you hear me? I killed someone! You gotta help her.” Peter jerked out of his grasp and grabbed Pastor Finn’s shirt, facing off with him. For once in a long while, he stared down the man eye to eye. He straightened up to his full height. The older man’s gray crew cut and piercing blue eyes were filled with fear. Peter’s hand loosened in shock that it was the first time he remembered that Pastor Finn looked afraid.

“I can’t help the dead.” He pushed Peter’s hands away from him. “But I have to help you. Come with me.” Peter watched him, confused. His teeth clenched at Pastor Finn’s betrayal. “I thought you were different. I have to go back. Bury her, like she deserves.” Peter stumbled backwards.


Peter Saints Interview

1.      How old are you?
I’m seventeen years old. My birthday just past, but no gifts made it my way. Guess I ticked off Pastor Finn too much this year, and he figures making me wait for a present will make me admit to the stupidity of my wacked up ways. Not happening.
2.      Describe where you sleep.
Sleep? Man, who sleeps in an orphanage filled with kids who all got the stink of a chip on their shoulder? But if you wanna know where I lay my head, it’ll be a toss up between the hole in the cellar on a raggedy mattress or in the converted pantry closet of the orphanage.
3.      Where do you have a scar or birthmark? Describe circumstances surrounding your scars.
You would ask me about it. The scar – or gift, Hanna told me it was. But she put it there, right on the palm of my hand, as revenge I think – for causing her death. I’m not talking about it anymore, cause it’s something no one’s supposed to know about. Haven’t figured out why yet, but it scared Pastor Finn to death when he saw it.
4.      Do you have an embarrassing habit?
Well, it’s not embarrassing as I kinda do it on purpose. At the orphanage, Pastor Finn makes us speak ‘proper English’ and every once in awhile, I slip into slang. I don’t know if subconsciously, I do it to tick him off, or if it’s a bad habit. But I do know it irritates the heck out of Pastor Finn and usually gets a laugh or two out of the other kids.
5.      What is something you feel guilty about?
Guilt. Now that’s a word I’m not wanting to hear. I got a lot of it, and it all stems from the fact that I’ve caused the death of at least three people I cared about. I don’t know why, but I’m cursed or something. And even with the death of my parents, Hanna’s death, in my heart I know I caused it.
 6.      Describe yourself sitting in your favorite spot.
In the cellar. I’m alone there. And me being alone is probably the safest thing for me or anyone around me.
7.      Tell me about your family?
My father was the best dad anyone could ask for. Really he was. Now Pastor Finn ain’t bad either, and he’s all I got now. My mother, she’s an Island girl, smells like roses and loved me enough to throw herself in front of a killer to save me.
8.      What do you do to have fun?
Dancing is my thing. I love to do it. I sneak out of the orphanage all the time to go to the club, dance and joke around with the girls there. When I’m not doing that, I like to tick off Pastor Finn so him and I can fight it out, then he takes me on the back roads to drive his sports cars. Don’t let that get out about him letting me drive his cars, the other kids at the orphanage don’t know, and if they did, they’d probably start ticking him off as much as I do.
9.      What kind of girl would you fall for?
I like my girl gorgeous with some fight in her. She can’t be a pushover, but she’s got to love me – only me, cause I don’t share. Ever.
10.  What’s the next big thing?
To keep running until I find someone or something I can call - home.

www.LMPRESTON.com 

No comments: