I don't usually do spotlights on authors outside of the YA genre, but Kim Karr is a Facebook friend, and she has a new book out. Torn is the second book in the Connections Series. Here is my interview
1. Tell us a bit about your book Torn. Connected is a story about finding love when you think there is none left to find. It will make you believe in love at first sight and that people do have soulmates, or at least I hope it did, and Torn is about what happens when the unexpected happens and how those soulmates deal with it.
2. When did you decide you wanted to write? I've always wanted to write. I was an English major in college but switched majors halfway through my first four years. Many things inspired me to actually write Connected, but what urged me to do it was a book. A book titled Wife 22. The author discusses her character hitting a 'tipping point year.' Well, I hit mine in 2012. What is a tipping point year? It's when you turn the same age your mother was when she died. That put things into perspective for me and made me want to write.
3. How did you go from Indie to published with Penguin? Two days before Connected was released, Amy Tannerbaum contacted me for a copy of the manuscript. The day Connected was released I signed with her. She sent it out to publishing houses and Kerry Donovan of Penguin wanted it. I signed a 2 book deal and just recently signed another 2 book deal.
4. What are you reading now? I usually listen to books while reading others. I am listening to All In and reading Weathering the Storm.
5. Who is your favorite character to write for? I like writing all the characters, but I love writing River. He's unlike anyone I've ever read.
6. Is there a genre you'd like to write for someday? I love writing New Adult so much, I doubt I'd try anything else.
7. Where can readers find you online? www.authorkimkarr.com or http://www.facebook.com/authorkimkarr
Thanks for the interview Kim!!!
If you love romance, give Kim's book a try. Start with Connected. If you love it, Torn is also available.