This week at the YA Author Club we are discussing social media and what effect it has on book sales. Personally, I think it is all subjective. What works for one person will not necessarily work for others. I've heard "Twitter has helped me spread the word and my books are flying off the shelves" and "I have found a lot of fans on Facebook." But when other people try it they don't seem to have the same success. With that said, what works for me?
1. Facebook: I paid for an ad for my free book, Vampires Rule, and it jumped in downloads. I also have a author page and one for Vampires Rule. They are both currently growing. It's nice when someone leaves a question on there for me. I always try to answer right away. It's a good way to connect to your readers.
2. Goodreads: This has got to be my favorite site. Not only can I see what my friends are reading, but I can connect to people reading my books. I also set up a group for people reading Bait (my latest novel). It's fun to see what they are thinking while they are reading it.
3. Twitter: I still don't get it, the fuss about tweeting, but I do try to go in there when possible. At the very least I can help other writers by retweeting tweets about their books.
4. Pinterest: This doesn't actually help my book sales, but it is awesome for inspiration. I have boards for all my books. It's a lot of fun.
That's all I can think of. What about you? What social media sites do you haunt?
(I turned off the captcha thing so feel free to comment)
Check out these other authors:
1. Laura A. H. Elliott author of Winnemucca & 13 on Halloween, Book 1 in the Teen Halloween Series
2. Bryna Butler, author Midnight Guardian series
3. Heather Self
4. T. R. Graves, Author of The Warrior Series
5. Suzy Turner, author of The Raven Saga
6. Cheri Schmidt, author of the Fateful Trilogy
7. Rachel Coles, author of Into The Ruins, geek mom blog
8. K. C. Blake, author of Vampires Rule and Crushed
9. Patti Larsen, The Hunted series and The Hayle Coven series
10. Amy Maurer Jones, Author of The Soul Quest Trilogy
11. Fisher Amelie, author of The Understorey
12. Gwenn Wright, author of Filter
13. Melissa Pearl, Author of The Time Spirit Trilogy
14. Heather M. White, author of The Destiny Saga
15. Courtney Cole Writes
16. Liz Long | Just another writer on the loose.
17. Ella James
18. Maureen Murrish
19. Valerie Sloan
20. YA Sci Fi Author's Ramblings
21. Terah Edun, author of Red Madrassa and An Amlah's Diary