Sunday, January 17, 2016

My dog of thirteen years died this week, so I wanted to write a little something in honor of her. These are the things I will always remember about her:

100_35801. She loved to do this cute fake-out like a basketball player. Am I going left? Am I going right?

2. When I hugged her, sometimes she would make this sound like she was talking to me.

3. She thought it was her job to keep an eye on the cows, but most of the time she was playing or napping. When she saw me coming out of the house, she would jump up and start barking at them and running at the fence. Then she'd look at me like, yeah that's right. I'm doing my job.

4. Her favorite thing was taking walks with me to the back fence. It's about fifteen acres from the house, so it was quite a ways. She'd run off, try to find something to chase, but she always kept me in her line of sight as if she didn't want me to get lost.

5. Whenever I was upset or hurt, she always came over to put her head either on my lap or against my leg.

So, Sheba, I want to say that I will miss seeing your beautiful face every day. I wish we'd had more time together, but I know you are in heaven, probably running as fast as you can. Love you.

1 comment:

Author R. Mac Wheeler said...

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

been there

hugs

What I did for my Gracie:
http://rmacwheeler.blogspot.com/2014/12/a-year-of-grace.html