Thursday, May 14, 2015

Top Ten Indie Authors



Top Ten Indie Authors
This is a list of MY favorite Indie Authors and has nothing to do with who sold what, awards, or how many books they've written. These are Indie Authors that I know and respect. Let's see how many of them you know.  In no particular order:

1. Quinn Loftis: Quinn lives in Arkansas and has several YA books available on Amazon and other sites including the popular Grey Wolves Series and her newest fabulous novel titled "Dream of Me." This is one talented lady. If you haven't read one of her books yet, you should do yourself a favor and pick one up. Here is the link for "Dream of Me," only 2.99 at Amazon.

Dream of Me at Amazon


2. Holly Kelly: Holly lives in Utah and is a mom to six rambunctious kids. How does she find time to write? I have no idea. But I do know that her Rising Series is awesome. I mean, come on, how can you beat a series on mermaids? I'm currently reading book one and enjoying it. Can't wait to move on to the next, and you can download the first book for free at Amazon (I can't guarantee it will be free when you decide to go look, so hurry).

Rising at Amazon


3. Jon Messenger: Jon serves in the Army and wrote "Brink of Distinction" while serving in Iraq. But his book "Wolves of the Northern Rift" is what I'm most interested in at this time. You have got to check out the cover here. Beautiful. I admit I haven't read any of his books YET, but they sound awesome and are on my ever growing TBR list. If you want to try a book for free, "Wind Warrior" is available for download at no cost at this moment.

Wind Warrior at Amazon


4. Suzy Turner: Suzy lives in Portugal, lucky girl, and I've had the pleasure getting to know her through a writing group we both belong to. She's always willing to give someone a helping hand, and I love her writing style. Her book Raven is free right now, but my favorite is "The Ghost of Josiah Grimshaw" and it is available for less than a dollar.

The Ghost of Josiah Grimshaw at Amazon


5. Keary Taylor: Keary lives on an island. That's right. You heard me. She lives on a small island in the Pacific Northwest. How cool is that? This girl is a cyclone of activity, always doing something creative, working hard, taking care of her kids, traveling the country to meet her fans at book events. And she has a LOT of fans. She writes a variety of genres, so I just picked a free book for you to try at random.

The Bane at Amazon


6. Sherry Ficklin: Sherry is a popular author. Perhaps you've heard of "Queen of Someday." But I want to talk to you about "Haunting Zoe." I haven't read it yet, but it sounds awesome. Seriously, a love story where one of the characters is a ghost. Sounds good to me. You can try it for free (at least at the time that I am writing this.)

Haunting Zoe at Amazon


7. Heather Hildenbrand: Heather has two homes; she splits her time between Virginia and the island of Guam. That's cool. Don't you think? Anyway, I haven't read these books yet, but I keep hearing about them. Rumor has it that NBC is thinking about making a show based on them. That would be awesome. You can check out Imitation for free (at the time of this post)

Imitation at Amazon


8. Bryna Butler: Bryna and I met through a writer's group. She's a wonderful lady and extremely busy with her writing. Her book was featured on a coffee table in the background on an Internet vampire series inspired by Rachel Caine's "Morganville" series. Bryna's first book, "Of Sun & Moon" is free at this time.

Of Sun & Moon at Amazon


9. Liz Long: Liz and I have been friends for a while now. We share a love of super hero movies. Her favorite is Captain America, but I prefer Iron Man. She has written an interesting series with a circus, a girl who can control fire, and a murder mystery thrown in. It isn't free, but it is under a dollar.

Gifted at Amazon


10. Kasi Blake: LOL. Well, I threw myself in because I am worn out from trying to come up with enough Indie Authors I personally know to fill this list. Anyway, I live on a farm in the Midwest, surrounded by animals, and I am a Supernatural-fanatic. You can read Vampires Rule for free or get Bait for under a dollar (at this time).

Vampires Rule at Amazon

Bait at Amazon

Do you know of any incredible Indie Authors not on the list? Feel free to talk about them in the comments. If they have a book for free or one under a dollar, let us know. I'd be willing to give them a try.

2 comments:

Author R. Mac Wheeler said...

Great List. I have books waiting in my TBR collection for nine of them (Vampires Rule included), none of which I have gotten to yet. I need to read faster. Aye Yi, I have over 1000 books on my Kindle. Need more hours to read!!!

I need to send you a book of your choice for your next year's list ...ha ha

Kasi Blake said...

You have a LOT of books. What do you recommend?