I should be writing now, but I am doing this instead. It got me to thinking about distractions that keep a person from writing. I was wondering: Is it just me? As a writer, what distracts you from working on your current project? If the answer is nothing, how do you manage to stay focused?
Here is a list of my demon distractions:
1. My Blog: I have to mention this blog, of course, because I am on here all the time. I need to check comments, make comments, write posts, and check my stats.
2. Goodreads and other sites: As I've mentioned before, I love Goodreads. Needless to say, I spend a great deal of time on there and on other sites. I have to promote my book, don't I?
3. Games: Another writer warned me not to download games to my computer, but I didn't listen. So now every time I get stuck while writing, I go to a game and play it for a while. Sometimes I don't even return to what I was working on. Games are one of my biggest distractions. They are so addictive. I love the Diner Dash games and hidden object games. lol
4. Outside Distractions: All of my problems cannot be found on the computer. Some are external like my cats, people calling on the phone, people dropping by, etc.
5. A Messy House: When I am focused on my writing, I don't even notice if the house is messy, but once in a while I look up and see it. Then you have to do something about it. That takes time away from writing.
I am currently rewriting Crushed and editing Werewolves Rule. In fact, I should be doing one of them now, but I am posting instead. So share your distractions with me. What is your biggest issue? What keeps you from writing?